How can I get drug support?
If you have a problem with drug addiction, we have services to help.
Support face to face if you’re under 25
Blackpool Adolescent Service provides free support for young people with drug, alcohol and sexual health issues. The service is available to all young people aged 10 to 24.
Interventions range from drug awareness, harm reduction as well as access to clinical prescribing services for substance abuse and clinical sexual health support.
Young people can self-refer using the link below or by using the telephone number below to arrange an appointment.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm
Blackpool Adolescent Service
Talbot and Brunswick Family Hub
Telephone: 01253 754840
Support face to face if you’re over 25
Horizon provides drugs advice and treatment for people living in Blackpool, including those worried about a family member, partner or friend.
- One-to-one behavioural support
- Easy-to-find and central locations
- Health screening
Connect, Ground Floor,
102 Dickson Road, Blackpool FY1 2BU,
Telephone: 01253 205156
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
(Half Day Wednesday, Open 1.00pm to 5.00pm)
If you’re going to continue to use drugs, try and stay safer by:
- Not using them alone and always telling someone what you’ve taken
- Always using clean needles and not share equipment
- Not mixing drugs with other drugs, including alcohol
- Not using in an unsafe place
- Never using drugs and driving
- Contacting Horizon for access to take-home Naloxone for you and/or friends or family